Modigliani Livorno is a challenge: discovered places and found objects generate points. Check your progress and your position in the world ranking of users like you who are exploring the city and become the best Modì Explorer!
As we explained in the previous article (click here if you missed it!) the app is a game and tests you in searching for secret places in Livorno, solving clues and finding hidden objects.
All this generates points that will allow you to climb the leaderboard with all the users who like you are exploring the city and trying to be the best Modi Explorer.
In scoring, it affects how many places and objects you have found, but even when it took you to do so: if someone was faster than you to solve the clue and find the hidden object, it will have scored more points than you!
In the Progress section, you’ll be able to control at what point of your exploration you are, how many places you still have to discover. You’ll also be able to see your score and ranking, discovering the score of your challengers.
Are you ready to be the number one?!?!
Discover the website of the app https://livorno.modigliani.app
The app is free, have fun!
Android – iOS
A tribute to Modigliani, an opportunity to know better a great artist, but also a game: Modigliani Livorno is all this!
Here are a guide to play with the app!
Here are the instructions to play your best!The real heart of the app is the Map, which is accessed by tapping the Map button, between History and Progress, which you see in the bar at the bottom of the screen.
You’ll be asked to choose your nickname, which is the name you want to be identified with in the game. You can choose the one that is listed by default or change it later from the Progress section.
From the map begins your exploration of Livorno, the search for those places that can tell you a piece of the life of Amedeo Modigliani.
Here’s a guide to learning how to play your best with our app!
Step 1 – Top 5 Places to Discover
There are 5 places marked with a symbol on the map. You’ll have to physically reach them, exploring the city, to find out what they have to tell you about Modigliani and how they can help you discover other places related to the artist.
- To play you have to be in Livorno… you’ve never seen a treasure hunt at a distance, have you?
- The starting point of the exploration are the places you see on the map, indicated by colored symbols. They are 5, of five different colors (blue, red, yellow, green and light blue), and each of them is placed on the map at the place you will have to physically reach.
- By clicking on one of the symbols you see on the map, you can view the address to help you reach it.
- Each place, once reached will show you a text that will tell you something more about the story of the artist.
Step 2 – Discover the secret places
The main places unlock other secret places nearby. To complete the exploration of one area, that is to discover all the points united by the same color, find the secret places!
- Once you’ve reached one of the visible places, you’ll unlock the points of interest in the surroundings, they are the secret places. They are identified by colored areas of the same color as the main place.
- Reaching each area, you’ll find the secret place and you’ll be able to access the new text that will tell you why that place is important to Modigliani. The secret location discovered is indicated on the map with a symbol of the color of the area you are exploring, with a key inside it.
- Find all the secret locations to complete your exploration of an area
Step 3 – Clues and hidden objects
Once you’ve found all the places in the area you were exploring, the game gets tough: the clues come! If you can solve them, you’ll be able to find hidden objects!
- You’ve found all the secret locations and completed your exploration of that area.
- Now test yourself with the clues: they are riddles to be solved in order to understand where we have hidden some objects related to Modigliani.
- If you understand where the item is hidden, reach out to it and find out if you’re right!
- Once you’ve discovered all the secret locations in all areas to explore, and you’ve solved all the clues and found all the secret items… you’ll have the last clue that will lead you to find (if you’re good!) the last hidden object, the most important!
Get help from the drawer!
To guide you through the exploration, use the drawer, that you can access by dragging up the gray bar at the bottom the map. It’s a valuable tool that helps you understand where you stand!
Here’s what you can find in the drawer
- The main places from which to start, with their address
- A short sentence that gives you information about your situation and how to continue
- If you see so many question points it means that that area is still unexplored
- Brush: You have found the first place, the one visible
- Key: You found one or more secret locations
- Magnifying glass: you’ve arrived at the clue
- The last symbol is the secret object… and we certainly won’t tell you what you’ll find, we don’t want to take away the fun!
- If the symbols flash, it means that you have not read the text they give access to. Click on the flashing symbol to read the article or clue.
Well, are you ready to play for real?
Download the app now to test yourself!
Discover the website of the app https://livorno.modigliani.app
The app is free, have fun!
Android – iOS
Who are we?
Oimmei! It’s pronounced O-I-M-M-E-I [ôimmèi]
How long have you been on the market?
Officially we are a company from less than a year, after various personal experiences in other companies and as freelancers.
What do we do?
Mostly we develop Apps and Mobile Solutions, Web Applications and Web Sites. We’re constantly looking for new partners and exciting projects, projects that can help us became better, expand our networks, face new challenges and develop innovative solutions.
Why in Italy?
Work in Italy it’s not easy. Decide to basecamp in Livorno it’s a challenge. But our roots are here, and it’s the only place where Oimmei could have born.
Why do you like your job?
Because we play instead of work! Each day we face new kind of technologies, and every new thing it’s a motivation to discover new technological frontiers: sometimes the game can be hard, challenging, with difficult rules, but in the end what’s left is the pleasure of doing something with a lot of meaning for ourselves and other people.
How much does it cost to make an App, a Project?
This is the most frequent question, and the sole answer is: it depends! There are some many aspects that’s impossible to determine a general price. Each project has the basic principle, it has to be studied deeply, it’s hurdles, it’s winning points as well as the loose ones, and only after this process we could give an estimate. For example an App could cost 2.000€ as well as 30.000€, it much depends on the quality of the final product, the possible interactions inside the App like Social Networks or similar, if it has to integrate with a website, the number of languages and many other aspects.
What are the key points of a successful product?
Think big, but start small. The main risk is to want to develop everything at once, have a great idea and thinking about develop all the aspects in the first release could be very dangerous, you could risk to waste a lot of energy and don’t achieve the goal. One other aspect is making a good planning, a key aspect for the success of every kind of project from the smallest one to the next Facebook rival. Plan from the start and knowing from the beginning each aspect of an App and how it could evolve in time is the key for avoiding face unexpected hurdles or slow bumps during the development. Our motto is plan first, then get dirty in the code.
What’s the project that you liked the most, and why?
It’s not easy to answer that! Each one of them has been important and teach us something, for example it meant a lot to us finding good partners in Livorno like Inlinea Spa that asked us to develop the App AsteGiudiziarie, a service to showcase auctions, but on the other end it’s vital for us to look outside Italy, first partecipati at the contest Apps4Europe in Manchester where we showed our innovative solution for tourism, combining OpenData and iBeacon technology, Europeana Beacon, and after that Muzeums, an amazing London Startup who aims to revolutionise the way people will visit a museum in the near future. Last but not least we’re focusing on in house projects, coming solely from our passion, like the App Park And Share, where you can share with family and close friends the exact location of your last parking, or the web portal Oggi A Teatro, a site dedicated to the theatres and acting companies in our city Livorno, that we wanted to be a gift to our city.
We published Tourist Angel! The idea Massimiliano and Andrea brought us is now reality! The fist iPhone App for social tourism. For now it will be available just in Italy, but we planning on a launch on the foreign markets in the very next future.
But what actually is “social tourism”?
It’s a new opportunity of getting even more deeply acquainted the very goals of our travels, helped by the locals of the cities we are visiting. They can help you find events, go shopping, know cultural places and much more! Every single experience the Angels of Tourism offer might require a cost though, for eventually covering transportation tickets, gasoline, entrance tickets for museums or shows or who knows what… anyways, the amount payed for the tour will be limited to the actual amount of the expenses effectively faced by the Angel during the experience.
The main goals are the sharing of the costs of a tour, without creating any profit, and making visitors know your city, promoting economy through social and cultural inter-exchange.
So, the App does not want to take the place of the official tour guides, insted, if it will be as successfull as hoped, Tourist Angel will provide the functionality to have Official Tourist Guide (with official licence) subscribed, and will offer real “official” tours and itineraries.
The idea was presented us last year by Massimiliano and Andrea, we did like it immediately, since it completely matches our personal idea of revolutioning the way of Tourism, which we were already working on with Europeana Beacon. We are waiting the start of the crowdfunding project we enrolled in Goteo. We did develop this App which will actually be the first of a Tourism/Culture/Show-centered series.
For further information http://www.touristangelapp.com